Hiring a Wedding Planner For Your Big Day: Pros and Cons
Hiring a wedding planner: pros and cons
Hiring a wedding planner may take a lot of weight off your own shoulders. Ideally it would mean not having to worry about the nitty-gritty on that special day and the days leading up to it. It would also mean having everything done on time and someone else taking responsibility for it, while you and your partner set your heart and mind entirely on what lies ahead. Here are some more advantages to having a wedding planner take the lead.
- A good wedding planner will take into account all your preferences and requirements and will make sure they're accomplished. You will not have to trouble yourself with logistics, and if you do then it'll be a matter of giving your approval or disapproval.
- Having someone else plan the wedding will save you time... and nerves. He or she will be the main point of contact with vendors, the venue, the catering and limo service. And they'll also make sure to find the best wedding gifts for the groomsmen or bridesmaids, instead of you having to spend time thinking about this.
- While paying the planner will be an addition to your wedding costs, their expertise will probably save you money elsewhere. Most wedding planners, especially if they've been around for a while, work with other companies and get discounts, deals and special offers. Chances are, you won't get these if you organize your wedding on your own.
- A wedding planner will take care of emergencies. Any last-minute decisions or unexpected events - if your planner is experienced, they'll take care of them with confidence.
On the other hand, there are also, though few, a number of disadvantages or considerations to bear in mind before hiring a wedding planner. While it may save you time and stress it might, if you're not careful, create some as well.
- A wedding planner can be costly. And if your budget does not allow it or if you're simply having a small, modest and local wedding, maybe you don't really need to hire a professional for the job.
- If the venue has a planner you might be able to have them help you out with part of the logistics on the day. That way, especially if you're not having a big wedding, you'll have fewer things to worry about and the planner's service will probably be included in the bill for the venue.
- Maybe you simply prefer to take charge yourself? Or you even enjoy planning and taking care of all the details together with your partner, as part of the experience? While that is not a disadvantage of wedding planners per se, it is a noteworthy consideration. Lest you end up being dissatisfied with the organization. Furthermore, there are plenty of other people around - friends and family - who will probably gladly extend their support.
- Finally, it is important to make sure you're dealing with a professional. Don't settle for someone you don't trust. Trust is vital when you're working with a wedding planner because you'll be assigning them with the task of planning one of the most important days in your life. They better know their job, right? Their qualifications and preparedness may mean the difference between a perfect and a failed wedding.
Lastly, if you're still not sure about whether you need a planner for the whole wedding, you could instead opt for a 'day-of wedding planner'. You'll do the planning and they'll take care of it all once the big day arrives.
- All Topics
- awesome groomsmen gifts
- BACHELOR PARTIES
- bachelor party gifts
- best groomsmen gifts
- CELEBRITY WEDDINGS
- cheap groomsmen gifts
- destination wedding gifts
- FASHION TIPS
- GROOMING TIPS
- GROOMS ROOM
- GROOMSMEN GIFT IDEAS
- GROOMSMEN GIFTS
- groomsmen gifts under 20
- MARRYING MAN OF THE MONTH
- modern groomsmen gifts
- personalized gifts
- Personalized Groomsmen Gifts
- SPORTS TALK
- top 3 groomsmen gifts
- TOP 5 GROOMSMEN GIFTS
- TOP 5 GROOMSMEN GIFTS FOR 2015
- VIRAL WEDDING VIDEOS
- WEDDING 411
- WEDDING HOW TO'S
- WEDDING HOW TOÍS
- WEDDING HUMOR
- wedding party gifts
- WEDDING PLANNING TIPS
- WEDDING TOASTS
- WEDDING TRADITIONS AND TRIVIA
- WEIRD WEDDINGS